VBCH and KHCC to host Heart Month Health Fair
February is Heart Month. To bring awareness to the number one killer in the United States- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)- Van Buren County Hospital and Keosauqua Health Care Center are teaming up to host a mini-health fair.
One in every three deaths in the United States is related to cardiovascular disease. Many think that this is a disease only impacting older adults, but recent data shows us that CVD is increasing among younger populations. What can you do to minimize your risks for CVD? Join us at the Heart Month Health Fair being held on February 20th!
The health fair will have a number of booths and information that are direct risk factors for cardiovascular disease. You will have the opportunity to check your Blood Glucose Levels, Blood Pressure and get your Waist/Hip (& BMI) numbers. These can all be early indicators for CVD. A variety of hospital and care center staff will have information on:
- Tobacco Cessation
- Low Dose CT Lung Screens
- Annual Wellness Visits
- Cash Wellness Labs
- Diabetes Program
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
- At-Home Sleep Studies
- Stress and Mental Health
- KHCC Services
- Therapy and Performance Center
- Healthy Villages
- Food and Nutrition Information
- Community Resources
The fair will be held on Tuesday, February 20th in the Therapy and Performance Center on the Van Buren County Hospital Campus in Keosauqua. Stop by between 11am and 1pm to learn more about Cardiovascular Disease and how you can stay heart healthy!
No matter where you’re from or where you are, you can take steps toward heart health. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Keep your blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglycerides in check.
- Don't smoke or vape, if you do, work toward quitting.
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat a heart-healthy diet that includes vegetables, fruits, whole grains, lean meats and healthy fats.
- Get good sleep.
- Reduce stress and address mental health conditions.
- Work together with your medical team to make a plan for better health.
At VBCH we can offer you a variety of services to help keep your heart healthy! Come check us out. Learn about all of our services on our website at vbch.org. If you have questions about the Heart Month Health Fair call 319-293-8728.