The therapy plan that each patient receives from our experienced Infusion Center experts are guided by orders from each patient’s physician. For maximum effect, medication must be delivered in a way that is used best by the systems in your body. Whether the route of the medication is injected into the tissue or must be delivered directly into the bloodstream via intravenous (IV) therapy.
Techniques or Interventions Used:
- Antibiotic Therapy
- Immunosuppressive Drug- Nulojix
- Injections – Sandostatin, Lupron, Aranesp, Nucala
- Blood transfusions- PRBC's, Platelet's
- Hydration and Electrolyte Therapy
- Biologics for Rheumatic Agents
- Iron Infusions
Treatment Room Services:
- Excision of lesions
- Greater occipital nerve block
- Wound/Debridement care
- Catheter change
- Port flush
- IUD Insertions
- Contraception implant insertion/removal
- Allergy testing
- Trach change
- Circumcision of newborn
- Endometrial Biopsy
- Casting of fractures
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
**Hours subject to change based on patient needs.**
Saturday, Sunday, and Holiday scheduling for daily treatments only.
For more info call: 319-293-3171 ext. 1390
Infusion Day Tips:
- Wear loose fitting clothing
- Food and beverages are welcome
- A sweater or blanket if you tend to get cold
- Any medications you may need
- Laptop or tablet is welcome
Please check in when you arrive at the outpatient registration desk at the main entrance at VBCH.
Keep your scheduled appointments with your physician and let your physician know about any adverse reaction or other problems that may occur after you leave our care.
Our staff will keep your physician apprised of your response to treatment.