> Medical Services
The Van Buren County Hospital laboratory is directed by pathologists from Collaborative Laboratory Services (CLS), Ottumwa, IA.
The laboratory offers a complete range of routine and specialty testing procedures. Requests for tests that are not performed at Van Buren County Hospital’s laboratory are referred by courier to Collaborative Laboratory Services. Tests not performed at Collaborative Laboratory Services are referred to Mayo Medical Laboratories or to the University Hygienic Laboratories.
Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center is the source of our hospital’s blood supply. Blood donor drives are held periodically within the community.
- H.H.S. Clinical Laboratories Improvement Act of 1988 (HCFA)
GENERAL STAFF SERVICES:
- The Van Buren County Hospital Laboratory provides service 365 days a year so that tests are performed and results are returned in a timely manner.
- Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Sundays and Holidays – Call back basis
- Outpatient Hours:
- Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 8:00 am – NOON
- Sundays and Holidays – Call Back
- Emergency Room
- Hospital Outpatients
- Physician Clinic Outpatients
- Blood Banking
- Clinical Chemistry