Welcome To Healthy Villages
Healthy Villages is a program designed to help residents of Van Buren County learn to make healthier lifestyle choices.?
Our Mission: To help make Van Buren County a healthy place to live and work, by providing resources, education and wellness opportunities to everyone.
Our Vision: Healthy Villages is committed to making Van Buren County a healthy place in which to live and work.
Keosauqua Farmers Market will start May 22nd, 2018!
Keosauqua Farmers Market is every Tuesday 4:00-6:00 pm in the city park.
All farmers, producers and growers are welcome. Items have to be homemade or home grown to sell at the market.
For more infromation or to be a vendor or a food vendor at the market contact Amanda at 319-293-8701 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bonaparte Farmers Market every Thursday May-October 3-6:00 pm,. Located 1st Street Bonparte.
Farmington Farmers Market every Friday June-October 3:30-6:00pm. Located in the shelter along the river.
Bentensport Farmers Market every Saturday 10-1. Located in the park.
2018 Van Buren County
Calendar of Wellness Events
Community Wellness Events to look forward to in the coming year to help you reach you wellness goals:
- Live Healthy Iowa Burst your Thirst (June- July)
- Strawberry Festival- (Fun Run) 2nd weekend of the month
- Safe and Healthy Kids Fair
- Cantril Days- Frisbee Golf Tournament
- Bike Van Buren
- Slow Pitch Tournament (Cantril Days)
- Live Healthy Iowa Step Challenge (September- October)
- Local Church Crop Walks
- Slow Pitch Tournament (Milton Festival and Stockport BBQ Days)
- Friends of Lacey- Fall 5K Run/walk
- Live Healthy Iowa/ Iowa Healthiest State Initiative (Fall Walk)
- Men’s Basketball- Sundays October-February (Van Buren High School Gym)
- Cantril Waubonsie Trail- Light walking trail
- Cantril- Winter run/walk
- Aerobics- Farmington Monday and Wednesday 5:30
- Tia-Chi Classes- Wednesdays 8:30 Keosauqua United Methodist Church
- Van Buren County Hospital Diabetic Classes- Quarterly
- Iowa State Extension Workshops
- Visit our Tips & Resources Page
Community Health Needs Assessment
Van Buren County Hospital and Van Buren County Public Health have completed a Van Buren County Community Health Needs Assessment. A new Community Health Improvement Plan was developed and can be found on the Van Buren County Hospital website under the Patient Resources tab.
Fitness Centers Open
Free for Residents to use!
- Birmingham- Closed until new location is found
- Cantril- basement of Township Hall
- Douds- basement of Methodist Church
- Farmington- Indian Lake
- Milton- City Hall
- Keosauqua- 807 Main Street
- Bonaparte- Bonaparte Improvement Associations building (Old Elementary)
Healthy Villages now has rentals available. There is a $100 refundable deposit on each.
- Hand washing Station- $30 per day rental fee
- Pop-up Tents (1)- $25 per day rental fee
Group Exercise Classes
- Farmington Community Center Monday and Wednesday nights 5:30-6:15 pm
- Cardio/resistance Training- Suitable for working at your own pace!
- $3 per class paid when attend. Just bring your own mat everything else will be provided.
- Instructor: Robin Kokjohn
Tai Chi Classes
- Keosauqua Methodist Church every Tuesday morning from 8:30-9:00 am
- No floor work. Great stretching. Wear comfortable clothes
- Instructor: Lil Perry
Blue Zones Project
- Libertyville Savings Bank- Bronze Sponsor
- First Iowa State Bank- Silver Sponsor
- Hill Phoenix Speciality Products- Gold Sponsor
Food Pantry Partners:
- Township Grocery- Bonaparte
- Boyd's Grocery- Keosauqua
- Job Closet- Food Pantry Bonaparte
- Heavenly Hands- Food Pantry Keosauqua