> Patient Services
> Dietary Services
Van Buren County Hospital Dietary Department provides the following services to our guests:
- Consulting Dietician – Provides nutritional counseling by appointment to our outpatients. For an appointment, contact Outreach Scheduling at 319-293-3171, ext. 1159. Our consulting dietician also assists the Diabetic Awareness Group with programs to meet the members' nutritional needs.
- Patient visitors may order guest meal trays for a small fee. To order, speak with a representative of the nursing department or call 1243 no later than 1 hour before the serving time of the desired meal. (Pediatric patients receive one guest tray per meal for a caregiver free of charge!)
- Each of the inpatients at Van Buren County Hospital receives a nutritional assessment by a representative of the nursing department. The needs of the patients are further evaluated by the Dietary Manager. If patients have nutritional needs, they are referred to the Dietician.
- Our consulting registered dietician evaluates all skilled care patients on a weekly basis. Primary care unit residents are screened once a month.
- We pride ourselves in serving each of our guests delicious and nutritional meals; patient meals are prepared according to an approved menu and in accordance with the provider’s orders.