Van Buren County Hospital
304 Franklin StKeosauqua, IA 52565
Van Buren County Hospital and Medical Clinics is a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital with six Rural Health Clinics located in scenic Van Buren County. The hospital is affiliated with University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC) and hosts 15 specialty clinics on a monthly basis. The hospital was designated by UIHC as its Southeast Iowa Heart Center and is the first hospital in the state to host a UIHC teledermatology clinic.
The county has many opportunities for outdoor activities, such as camping, hiking, fishing and scenic drives. Lacey-Keosauqua State Park, Iowa’s largest state park, and Shimek Forest, Iowa's largest state-owned forest, are both located in Van Buren County.
The county consists of several towns known as the “Villages of Van Buren.” Keosauqua, the county seat, boasts the oldest courthouse in continuous use in Iowa. Homes and buildings listed on the national register of historic places can be found throughout the county. Bonaparte was one of five winners nationwide of the "Great American Main Street Award.” Many antique and craft shops operate throughout the Villages. Several artists and craftspersons have their studios here.
Van Buren County offers a safe, friendly, affordable place to live that is only four hours from St. Louis and five from Chicago. Fairfield, Iowa, 20 miles to the north, offers cultural experiences in art and music sponsored by the local college.
Van Buren County Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaintfilingcust.html or at any USDA office, or call (866)632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202)690-7442 or email at email@example.com.
Please send resumes to: Van Buren County Hospital - 304 Franklin - Keosauqua, IA 52565
Posted: 7/25/13Chris McEntee319-293-3171
Van Buren County Hospital is looking for a full time Network Director to oversee our HRSA grant and work as a team member in our Information Technology Department. This position directs the day to day operations of the network, is responsible for completion of network work plan projects, works with network member staff to accomplish network goals, oversees the network budget, complies with any reporting requirements for the network grant, works on sustainability of the network, supports EHR users, database administration, data reporting, troubleshooting, and various other duties.
1. Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software; for our network members
2. Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
3. Install, configure, and maintain personal computers, networks, workstations, file servers, Ethernet networks, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems; adds or upgrades and configures modems, disk drives, data acquisition boards, CD ROM units, printers, and related equipment.
4. Perform and/or oversee software and application development, installation, and upgrades.
5. Support and troubleshoot our EHR and Revenue Cycle system users.
6. Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
7. Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems, relational databases, and other applications; assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems, and help train EHR and Revenue Cycle system users.
8. Develop reports from the EHR and Revenue Cycle systems.
9. Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations.
10. Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures.
11. Establish and perform maintenance programs following company and vendor standards.
12. Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
13. Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
14. Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
15. Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
16. Schedule network meetings and complete all network grant reporting requirements with HRSA.
17. Assist network member with troubleshooting and working with their vendors.
18. Project management of network work plan.
19. Provide a High Level of customer service to our internal users and our network members.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Knowledge of a range of computer networking systems and languages to include UNIX, Windows, or similar computer networks. Knowledge of computing and network hardware and peripheral equipment. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel. Ability to install, configure, and maintain personal computers, networks, and related hardware and software. Knowledge of federal copyright laws as they pertain to the use of computer software. Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques. Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operational problems. Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities. Ability to provide technical training to end users. Ability to learn and support new systems and applications. Work with users requires interpersonal skills. This is normally acquired through a combination of a Bachelor's Degree and three to five years of networking and application support experience.
3. Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
4. Project Management Experience of multiple organization projects.
5. Management of staff experience.
6. Experience with the following Microsoft products: Window Server, Exchange, SQL, Sharepoint, AD, DNS, DHCP, Office, Windows 7, and Window XP.
7. Report writing skills from different systems using Crystal Reports or other reporting tools.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires extensive work using a computer. Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
All qualified applicants may obtain an employment application at VBCH, 304 Franklin St., Keosauqua, IA 52565 or online at www.vbch.org. Applications may be e-mailed to or sent to 304 Franklin Street, Keosauqua, IA 52565. For information on this position contact Chris McEntee at 319-293-3171. EOE/ AA Employer
Van Buren County Hospital is seeking a Paramedic for a full or part-time position to work 12 hour shifts and every other weekend. All shifts available. Must be an Iowa Paramedic or Paramedic Specialist. On year experience is preferred. All applicants may obtain an employment application at VBCH, 304 Franklin St., Keosauqua, IA 52565 or online at www.vbch.org. Applications may be emailed to or sent to the above address. For further information on this position contact Kay Gabriel/Dan Wells at 319-293-3171. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer/AA Employer.
Job Coach: Part-time position (18 to 24 hrs) providing employment support services to people with disabilities in Lee County. Must enjoy working with people, have a philosophy that people with disabilities have equal rights in the workplace, possess excellent communication/interpersonal skills. Must be willing to work some evenings & weekends.. All applicants may obtain an employment application at VBCH, 304 Franklin St., Keosauqua, IA 52565 or online at www.vbch.org. Applications may be emailed to or sent to the above address. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer/AA Employer.
Van Buren County Hospital is hiring for a part-time Activities Director Position. The applicant must have successfully completed or be willing to complete an Activities Director Certification program. The successful applicant will direct activities for both Van Buren County Hospital skilled care and Village Terrace Assisted Living and coordinate volunteer schedules/activities. If you have questions about this position, please contact Julie Ludwig or Kay Gabriel at 319-293-3171. All qualified applicants may obtain an employment application at Van Buren County Hospital, 304 Franklin St., Keosauqua, IA 52565 or online at www.vbch.org. Applicants may be submitted to the address above or emailed to This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer/AA Employer.
Van Buren County Hospital has a part time position available for a clinical laboratory staff technologist. The successful applicant must have certification as an MT or MLT or equivalent and will be responsible for all aspects of clinical laboratory functions. A weekend package is a possibility. All qualified applicants may obtain an employment application at VBCH, 304 Franklin St, Keosauqua, IA 52565 or online at www.vbch.org. Please contact Karen Weatherall at 319-293-3171 for more information on this position. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer/AA Employer.
Van Buren County Hospital is seeking a part-time operating room scrub tech. Job includes scrub tech duties to include surgical case preparation, instrument cleaning and set-up, and must be willing to take call for emergency surgeries. Certification is preferred. All applicants may obtain an employment application at VBCH, 304 Franklin St., Keosauqua, Iowa 52565 or online at www.vbch.org. Applications may be emailed to or sent to the above address. For information on this position contact Mavadene Kennedy/Kay Gabriel at 319-293-3171. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer/AA Employer.
Child Care Provider: Van Buren County Hospital Child Care Center has both full and part-time positions available for a responsible, detail oriented, positive, and nurturing individual to work as a part of our team by providing care for children 6 weeks to 12 years of age. The hours for this position may vary each week. Previous experience working with children and good communication skills are required. All interested applicants must complete a VBCH application, found at VBCH front desk or vbch.org. You may mail applications to the HR Department, 304 Franklin Street, Keosauqua, IA 52565 or email to For questions, please call Debbie Martin at 319-293-3300. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer/AA Emp
Van Buren County Hospital’s Respiratory Care Department has a part–time opening for a Polysomnographic Technician or Technologist. Part time work hours, flexible, adjusted to demand usually two or more nights per month. All applicants may obtain an employment application at VBCH, 304 Franklin St., Keosauqua, Iowa 52565 or online at www.vbch.org. Applications may be emailed to or sent to the above address. For information on this position contact Dixie Daugherty/Susan Huff at 319-293-3171. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer/AA Employer.